Manufacturing Leadership Panel: Industry 4.0 Tech, Training and Certifications (Part 2)
Featuring leaders from Sargento, Ashley Furniture, SC Johnson, Rockwell Automation, and SACA
We're back for part 2 of our discussion with a panel of thought leaders from iconic manufacturing brands to discuss how Industry 4.0 is transforming their operations, how the workforce is evolving, and how training and certifications can bridge the skills gap.
Catch up on part 1 here: https://techedpodcast.com/manufacturing-leadership-panel/
This week is all about Industry 4.0 Education & Training Efforts with leaders from:
- Sargento Foods
- Ashley Furniture
- SC Johnson
- Rockwell Automation
- Smart Automation Certification Alliance (SACA)
3 Big Takeaways from this episode:
- Bridging the skills gap requires a collaborative industry-education effort: Developing the next generation of skilled talent for Industry 4.0 is going to take education and employers working on large, collaborative projects together to ensure students have the right skills and exposure to pursue careers in advanced manufacturing.
- The incumbent workforce needs to be reskilled: As companies invest in more automation and smart technology, incumbent workers will need to be rapidly reskilled to work with this technology. The formula for success? In-house training + technical college partnerships + SACA certifications.
- SACA certifications create a common language for Industry 4.0 standards: The efforts of education and employers are wasted if they aren't aligned. SACA standards are that "Rosetta Stone", the common language that can align what education teaches with what industry needs.
The Smart Automation Certification Alliance
SACA is a nonprofit organization that develops and deploys third-party credentials for advanced manufacturing and Industry 4.0 skills - both knowlege-based and hands-on.
What makes them unique? These credentials are designed, built and validated by industrial employers. Employers from this week's episode all took place in technical work groups that determined SACA standards.
SACA certifications are stackable, transferrable and can be utilized in education and industry. To learn more visit https://www.saca.org.
- Anne Troka - Community Engagement Manager, Sargento Foods
- Anthony Ebio - Dierctor of Industry 4.0 Learning, Ashley Furniture
- Ken Evans - Associate Maintenance Manager, SC Johnson
- Michael Cook - Director of Global Academic Partnerships, Rockwell Automation
- Jim Wall - Executive Director of the Smart Automation Certification Alliance
Webinar video: https://youtu.be/6QucCDjxhMg
What our listeners are saying
I needed this podcast back when I was in High School!
Such great content that deserves more attention at all level of education. I wish I heard some of these episodes when I was navigating my own career path. Incredible guests, with incredible messages to share. Keep up the great work!
I find Matt's approach to be very compelling. He brings both perspectives, industry AND education. He doesn't hold back on what he thinks is important...
Inspiring topics featuring inspiring leaders
I’ve listened to most of your weekly podcasts and enjoy listening to the stories and conversations that feature business and education leaders from Wisconsin. Kudos to you for creating a platform that presents ideas and success stories that are important to Career and Technical Education teachers and leaders.
Best Career and TechEd Podcast
There are a lot of education podcasts out there. This is the only one that really focuses on bringing together voices from inside AND outside education and focuses specifically on STEM and Career/Tech Ed. This is a great podcast for anyone in education and also for anyone who employs STEM or skilled-trades talent in their workforce.
The pulse of Industry 4.0
This podcast has its fingers on the pulse of Industry 4.0, and Matt K. is a phenomenal guide, traversing the complexities of manufacturing and education in one forum. A+ work all around!
New and Exciting Content With Every Episode
I really enjoy listening to this podcast when I'm driving or have a free moment. Each episode brings a new guest with a fresh and exciting perspective of both education and the workforce!