Manufacturing Leadership Panel: Industry 4.0 Tech, Training and Certifications (Part 1)
Featuring leaders from Harley-Davidson, Plexus, Greenheck, Generac and Kohler
Over the next 2 episodes, we've gathered a panel of industry thought leaders from iconic manufacturing brands to discuss how Industry 4.0 is transforming their operations, how the workforce is evolving, and how training and certifications can bridge the skills gap.
This week is all about Industry 4.0 Technology in Manufacturing with leaders from:
3 Big Takeaways from this episode:
- SACA certifications are built by industry: In an effort to close the skills gap, the Smart Automation Certification Alliance has developed third-party certifications for Industry 4.0 competencies as defined and validated by industry leaders.
- Industry 4.0 requires a whole new set of skills: Each guest shares exactly what new cutting-edge technologies they're investing in. These all require a workforce trained to operate, maintain and program these systems.
- The IT/OT convergence: Smart manufacturing means everything is digitally connected. IT and OT are no longer separate silos, which means IT teams must be familiar with OT systems and processes for digital transformation to occur.
The Smart Automation Certification Alliance
SACA is a nonprofit organization that develops and deploys third-party credentials for advanced manufacturing and Industry 4.0 skills - both knowlege-based and hands-on.
What makes them unique? These credentials are designed, built and validated by industrial employers. Employers from this week's episode all took place in technical work groups that determined SACA standards.
SACA certifications are stackable, transferrable and can be utilized in education and industry. To learn more visit https://www.saca.org.
- Al Doty - Advanced Manufacturing Chief Engineer, Harley-Davidson
- Scott Theune - CEO, Plexus
- Andy Martin - Senior Director of Manufacturing, Generac
- Michael DeBroux - Senior Mechanical and Automation Engineer and Engineering Supervisor, Greenheck
- Jim Molter - IT Manager for Smart Factory Deployment, Kohler
Webinar video: https://youtu.be/6QucCDjxhMg
Want to keep listening? Catch Part 2 here: https://techedpodcast.com/manufacturing-leadership-panel-part2/
Like this episode & want to hear more like it?
What our listeners are saying
I needed this podcast back when I was in High School!
Such great content that deserves more attention at all level of education. I wish I heard some of these episodes when I was navigating my own career path. Incredible guests, with incredible messages to share. Keep up the great work!
I find Matt's approach to be very compelling. He brings both perspectives, industry AND education. He doesn't hold back on what he thinks is important...
The #1 podcast in TechEd
This podcast is a great resource to keep up with all the exciting changes in the world of manufacturing and technology. Get key insight from industry leaders from the Midwest and around the globe that you won’t find anywhere else. A must listen for anyone interested in how technology is changing the way businesses operate.
Inspiring topics featuring inspiring leaders
I’ve listened to most of your weekly podcasts and enjoy listening to the stories and conversations that feature business and education leaders from Wisconsin. Kudos to you for creating a platform that presents ideas and success stories that are important to Career and Technical Education teachers and leaders.
Best Career and TechEd Podcast
There are a lot of education podcasts out there. This is the only one that really focuses on bringing together voices from inside AND outside education and focuses specifically on STEM and Career/Tech Ed. This is a great podcast for anyone in education and also for anyone who employs STEM or skilled-trades talent in their workforce.
Filling in Gaps
This show spotlights a large and growing aspect of education that doesn’t get enough attention. Practical and technical education is a field growing exponentially. This podcast Highlights many of the facets of this diverse field.
The pulse of Industry 4.0
This podcast has its fingers on the pulse of Industry 4.0, and Matt K. is a phenomenal guide, traversing the complexities of manufacturing and education in one forum. A+ work all around!
New and Exciting Content With Every Episode
I really enjoy listening to this podcast when I'm driving or have a free moment. Each episode brings a new guest with a fresh and exciting perspective of both education and the workforce!
Fantastic Topics on the Future of Industry
These podcasts are the best for learning about current and future technology. The stories are great. We need more of these interviews.