The 4 Elements of Artificial Intelligence, and How to Teach Them
Matt Kirchner, Host of The TechEd Podcast
Artificial intelligence is no longer just a buzzword, it's a reality in every space in our lives. In this fast-paced episode, get a crash course on artificial intelligence from podcast host Matt Kirchner as he breaks down this complex concept into easily-digestible components.
What is artificial intelligence in layman's terms? Get a new definition that will help make sense of AI like never before.
Plus, hear the breakdown of the 4 elements that every artificially intelligent system does. Once you know these elements, you can see them at work in all AI platforms and you can begin to teach it at every level of education.
Finally, get 7 real-life examples of how to bring AI technology into the classroom today.
3 Big Takeaways from this episode:
- Artificial intelligence defined: We break down AI with the simplest definition you'll hear, starting with a definition of what artificial and intelligent each mean. Then, we can define the full term. At its core, AI is an algorithmic implementation of human experience and learning. Listen in to hear how we come to that definition.
- Every AI system does 4 things - See, Think, Do, Communicate: AI is simple once you understand the four elements that make an AI system. Matt dives into what these four elements mean and how they work in AI systems you encounter in your everyday life.
- Get 7 examples of artificial intelligence that can be taught in schools today: From K-12 through graduate programs, AI technology should be taught in technical and engineering education. Matt gives 6 examples and demonstrates how the four elements fit into these systems: industrial robotics, 3D scanning, coding & programming, drones, CNC machining centers, autonomous mobile robots, and self-driving cars.
Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- Learn more about Quanser, the engineering education company who's AI definitions and technology are discussed in this episode: https://www.quanser.com/
- If you're interested in AI in the classroom that we discussed, send us an email and we can connect you to resources.
Connect with The TechEd Podcast online:
What our listeners are saying
I needed this podcast back when I was in High School!
Such great content that deserves more attention at all level of education. I wish I heard some of these episodes when I was navigating my own career path. Incredible guests, with incredible messages to share. Keep up the great work!
I find Matt's approach to be very compelling. He brings both perspectives, industry AND education. He doesn't hold back on what he thinks is important...
The #1 podcast in TechEd
This podcast is a great resource to keep up with all the exciting changes in the world of manufacturing and technology. Get key insight from industry leaders from the Midwest and around the globe that you won’t find anywhere else. A must listen for anyone interested in how technology is changing the way businesses operate.
Inspiring topics featuring inspiring leaders
I’ve listened to most of your weekly podcasts and enjoy listening to the stories and conversations that feature business and education leaders from Wisconsin. Kudos to you for creating a platform that presents ideas and success stories that are important to Career and Technical Education teachers and leaders.
Best Career and TechEd Podcast
There are a lot of education podcasts out there. This is the only one that really focuses on bringing together voices from inside AND outside education and focuses specifically on STEM and Career/Tech Ed. This is a great podcast for anyone in education and also for anyone who employs STEM or skilled-trades talent in their workforce.
Filling in Gaps
This show spotlights a large and growing aspect of education that doesn’t get enough attention. Practical and technical education is a field growing exponentially. This podcast Highlights many of the facets of this diverse field.
The pulse of Industry 4.0
This podcast has its fingers on the pulse of Industry 4.0, and Matt K. is a phenomenal guide, traversing the complexities of manufacturing and education in one forum. A+ work all around!
New and Exciting Content With Every Episode
I really enjoy listening to this podcast when I'm driving or have a free moment. Each episode brings a new guest with a fresh and exciting perspective of both education and the workforce!
Fantastic Topics on the Future of Industry
These podcasts are the best for learning about current and future technology. The stories are great. We need more of these interviews.