Why Community Colleges are Every State's Richest Resource
Dr. Jay Allen, President of Itawamba Community College
Two-year colleges are truly the unsung heroes of our communities. They provide a whole range of services that go beyond the classroom to advance education, culture, athletics, our workforce...the list goes on.
In part one of our two-episode series with Dr. Jay Allen, President of Itawamba Community College, we discuss what this looks like at ICC. We talk about all the ways the college meets its community's needs, like:
- Meeting the specific workforce needs of its employers, large and small
- Providing dorms, athletics and extracurriculars so students can have the full college experience
- Breaking down barriers like finances and access via online learning so all students can pursue their dreams
- Collaborating in statewide system that allows learners to take the specific courses they need without having to move or travel
- Helping states like Mississippi achieve education attainment goals and advance the level of education for all residents
What our listeners are saying
I needed this podcast back when I was in High School!
Such great content that deserves more attention at all level of education. I wish I heard some of these episodes when I was navigating my own career path. Incredible guests, with incredible messages to share. Keep up the great work!
I find Matt's approach to be very compelling. He brings both perspectives, industry AND education. He doesn't hold back on what he thinks is important...
Inspiring topics featuring inspiring leaders
I’ve listened to most of your weekly podcasts and enjoy listening to the stories and conversations that feature business and education leaders from Wisconsin. Kudos to you for creating a platform that presents ideas and success stories that are important to Career and Technical Education teachers and leaders.
Best Career and TechEd Podcast
There are a lot of education podcasts out there. This is the only one that really focuses on bringing together voices from inside AND outside education and focuses specifically on STEM and Career/Tech Ed. This is a great podcast for anyone in education and also for anyone who employs STEM or skilled-trades talent in their workforce.
The pulse of Industry 4.0
This podcast has its fingers on the pulse of Industry 4.0, and Matt K. is a phenomenal guide, traversing the complexities of manufacturing and education in one forum. A+ work all around!