Solving Wisconsin's Economic Challenges
With Kurt Bauer, President and CEO of Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce
Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce (WMC) is on a mission to make Wisconsin the best place in the nation to do business.
The state's largest business association was recognized as the State Chamber of the Year in 2020 by the Council of State Chambers (COSC), primarily for its innovative efforts during the COVID-19 pandemic.
In this episode, we talk with WMC's President and CEO Kurt Bauer about the organization's efforts to solve Wisconsin's economic challenges. These efforts include bolstering manufacturing, developing a skilled workforce, and training and retaining talent within the state.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How to bridge the gap between unemployed individuals and employers who are desperate for workers
- The upskilling that needs to be done to make employers Industry 4.0-ready
- Changing the negative stigma of manufacturing for parents and students
- The vital role of Academic and Career Planning (ACP) for our students
- How to get employers & educators on the same page
- Research and innovation taking place in Wisconsin