How a Statewide College Fully Aligned to Workforce Needs
With Dr. Sue Ellspermann - President, and Chris Lowery - Vice President of Workforce and Careers, Ivy Tech Community College
Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana has innovated an education model like none other. This singly-accredited statewide college has the ability to offer identical programs at any location in perfect synchronicity with the workforce needs of the region.
In this episode, we interview Dr. Sue Ellspermann, Ivy Tech's President and Chris Lowery, the college's Vice President of Workforce and Careers. They share their secrets to preparing thousands of students for high-wage, high-demand careers across any sector.
You'll learn about:
- How Ivy Tech is achieving the Lumina goal: 60 percent of Indiana's workforce holding a degree or certificate by the year 2025
- The value of a VP of Workforce and Careers working alongside the Provost
- How a singly-accredited college can more efficiently respond to workforce demands across the entire state
- How industry-recognized certificates and micro-credentials are changing technical education
- How technology, continuous training and hybrid learning will disrupt education in the coming years