Reaching 100 Million Learners by 2030
Dr. Sanjeev Khagram - Dean of the Thunderbird School of Global Management, Arizona State University
"We're in this new world: a disruptive world, a technologically-driven world...individuals at all walks of life need to understand technology and have those technical and digital skill sets. They need to be entrepreneurs and innovators. And they have to have a global perspective...So the idea is to reach 100 million learners over the next 10 years." -Sanjeev Khagram
Arizona State University's Thunderbird School of Global Management has set an unprecedented goal: to reach 100 million global learners by 2030 through no-cost online programming for global and digital skillsets.
Quick Facts about the 100 Million Learners Initiative
- There are three levels of programming for learners:
- Bootcamp (50 hours): For learners with any level of education
- Intermediate Program (5 courses; 135 hours each): For learners with high school and/or undergraduate education
- Advanced program (5 courses; 135 hours each): For learners with undergraduate or graduate education
- The courses will be available in 40 languages
- All content is delivered and available online
- All courses are available at no cost to the learner!
For full course descriptions or to begin diving into the courses yourself, visit 100millionlearners.org.
3 Big Takeaways from this episode:
- The traditional higher education model is being disrupted, and ASU is leading the charge to innovate: By setting this enormous goal to reach 100 million learners, by making education free to individuals, and by making that education extremely accessible through online availability in 40 different languages, the Thunderbird School of Global Management is really showing what higher education of the future can look like. It's why ASU is ranked #1 in the U.S. for innovation.
- "The global is digital, and the digital is global": In 2022, you can't be a global company, worker or citizen without digital technologies. And Industry 4.0 is only increasing this phenomenon. The 100 million learners initiative will give individuals across the globe the digital skillsets they need to succeed in an interconnected, digital, global economy.
- You can access these courses today: Whether you're still in high school or have been in the workforce for decades, lifelong learning is paramount. Why not take advantage of free online courses from a top management school, at your own pace, and earn new skills and digital badges? Click the link below to get started today.
Get access to the free courses and start your lifelong learning journey today! 100millionlearners.org
Thunderbird School of Global Management: https://thunderbird.asu.edu
Arizona State University: https://www.asu.edu
What our listeners are saying
I needed this podcast back when I was in High School!
Such great content that deserves more attention at all level of education. I wish I heard some of these episodes when I was navigating my own career path. Incredible guests, with incredible messages to share. Keep up the great work!
I find Matt's approach to be very compelling. He brings both perspectives, industry AND education. He doesn't hold back on what he thinks is important...
The #1 podcast in TechEd
This podcast is a great resource to keep up with all the exciting changes in the world of manufacturing and technology. Get key insight from industry leaders from the Midwest and around the globe that you won’t find anywhere else. A must listen for anyone interested in how technology is changing the way businesses operate.
Inspiring topics featuring inspiring leaders
I’ve listened to most of your weekly podcasts and enjoy listening to the stories and conversations that feature business and education leaders from Wisconsin. Kudos to you for creating a platform that presents ideas and success stories that are important to Career and Technical Education teachers and leaders.
Best Career and TechEd Podcast
There are a lot of education podcasts out there. This is the only one that really focuses on bringing together voices from inside AND outside education and focuses specifically on STEM and Career/Tech Ed. This is a great podcast for anyone in education and also for anyone who employs STEM or skilled-trades talent in their workforce.
Filling in Gaps
This show spotlights a large and growing aspect of education that doesn’t get enough attention. Practical and technical education is a field growing exponentially. This podcast Highlights many of the facets of this diverse field.
The pulse of Industry 4.0
This podcast has its fingers on the pulse of Industry 4.0, and Matt K. is a phenomenal guide, traversing the complexities of manufacturing and education in one forum. A+ work all around!
New and Exciting Content With Every Episode
I really enjoy listening to this podcast when I'm driving or have a free moment. Each episode brings a new guest with a fresh and exciting perspective of both education and the workforce!
Fantastic Topics on the Future of Industry
These podcasts are the best for learning about current and future technology. The stories are great. We need more of these interviews.