Where Forward-Thinking Manufacturers Invest Their Resources
Austin Ramirez, CEO of Husco
Austin Ramirez is an extremely successful CEO, leading Wisconsin-based manufacturer Husco. In addition, he has spent time as a White House Fellow under two US presidents, swam competitively at a national level, and co-founded a non-profit to revitalize democracy.
In this episode, we talk about the priorities manufacturers should focus on as they lead their organizations into the future. This is excellent advice for industrial employers and for educators teaching the next generation of leaders.
We discuss a number of keys to forward-thinking success, including:
- Why leaders should bring systems-level thinking into their strategies
- How manufacturers should pivot their products & services to adapt to an ever-changing market
- How to leverage Industry 4.0 technology in manufacturing
- 3 core values every manufacturer should hire for and focus on
- Why education is the driver for moving the region into the future
- How to leverage university partnerships to attract and retain great employees
- Why (and how) to invest in equitable education for all kids
What our listeners are saying
I needed this podcast back when I was in High School!
Such great content that deserves more attention at all level of education. I wish I heard some of these episodes when I was navigating my own career path. Incredible guests, with incredible messages to share. Keep up the great work!
Inspiring topics featuring inspiring leaders
I’ve listened to most of your weekly podcasts and enjoy listening to the stories and conversations that feature business and education leaders from Wisconsin. Kudos to you for creating a platform that presents ideas and success stories that are important to Career and Technical Education teachers and leaders.
Best Career and TechEd Podcast
There are a lot of education podcasts out there. This is the only one that really focuses on bringing together voices from inside AND outside education and focuses specifically on STEM and Career/Tech Ed. This is a great podcast for anyone in education and also for anyone who employs STEM or skilled-trades talent in their workforce.
The pulse of Industry 4.0
This podcast has its fingers on the pulse of Industry 4.0, and Matt K. is a phenomenal guide, traversing the complexities of manufacturing and education in one forum. A+ work all around!